Scroll down to find out more information about workplace legislation in Tanzania.
Thanks to Simon Mamuya who assisted in the collection of this information.
WORKPLACE POLICIES IN TANZANIA
1. Is it illegal to dismiss someone on the basis of their health status?
2. Is TB recognised in law as an occupational disease?
3. Is dismissal during a prolonged period of illness illegal?
No. Although termination may be associated with some benefits.
4. Are employers legally required to report incidents of occupational disease?
Yes, but the informal sector is much larger than the formal sector.
5. Are migrant workers included in the scope of occupational health legislation?
6. Is there a competent national authority for Occupational Safety and Health?
7. If so, does it have the authority to investigate a place of work for infectious disease transmission?
8. Are employers legally required to ensure the health of their employees?
9. Do employees have the right to compensation if their health is adversely affected at work?
Yes. If they are covered through the Workers' Compensation Fund.